Eye on Sports

Tuesday, January 18, 2005


Tennis: The Australian Open begins!

Ah... finally, a whole new season of sports is kicking off. My year didn't start very well with Liverpool losing last weekend, but never mind that. Always look ahead, I say.

The Australian Open has just open served, and already a big name has bitten the dust, with World No. 5 Carlos Moya losing to fellow Spaniard Guillermo Garcia-Lopez. Serena Williams went through though. Drat. Can't stand the sisters.

Anyway, if you ask me, Roger Federer looks good for another Grand Slam. FedEx was almost unstoppable last year, and this year, am hoping he'd be able to do the Grand Slam. The only ones that may be able to stop him maybe be Leyton Hewitt and Andy Roddick. I don't see Agassi being able to beat Federer though.

On the women's court, the Williams sisters may be favorites again, but I predict another of the Russian girls winning (don't know which one though, they're names all sound the the same to me). After all, they were the most impressive players last year, and don't look like slowing down.

Of course, my eyes will also be on Maria Sharapova, but that's for a different reason all-together. Hur hur.

Here's another gratuitious picture of her. Hehe.


Complain to the referee here! => |