Eye on Sports

Friday, January 14, 2005


Football: Rah-rah Morientes!



I'm back with another rare post here. :) Wanted to post about the Morientes deal for a while now, but now it's confirmed, I think my timing couldn't be better. :)

Liverpool buying Morientes is the best news I've heard since Rafa Benitez taking over at the club and brought in Xabi Alonso.

What's not to like? Morientes is experienced, a proven striker, a good goalscorer, and should work well with Rafa Benitez. And if what Baros says HERE is true, then I truly look forward to their partnership.

What I AM sad to see is Mellor and Sinama-Ponggolle pushed down the pecking order again. I think SP has great potential, and would love to see him get more games. Ditto Mellor.

But then, they ARE one (or rather, TWO) for the future. For the immediate future, Morientes looks set to line up alongside Baros (who should have recovered from his injury) this Sunday at Anfield against MANCHESTER UNITED.

We've beaten Arsenal at Anfield, lost to Chelsea only because of Mike Riley's incompetence, and I have THIS to say about Man U's visit.

Bring 'em on, I say.

BRING 'EM ON.

Complain to the referee here! => |