Eye on Sports

Saturday, August 27, 2005


Super Cup: Liverpool 3 - 1 CSKA Moscow (ET)

I wanted to watch the match last night, but after my assignment in Genting, I was too pooped to wait up anymore. So I slept.

Woke up early, came down to the Starbucks in First World Cafe, and the first thing I did was check Guardian Football. EH? Why no news on Super Cup wan?

Checked Soccernet, oh... LIVERPOOL WON 3-1!!!

Sure, it's just the Super Cup, kinda like the Community Shield in European terms, but heck, at least Cisse scored. TWICE.

But then again, the last time we won the Super Cup back in 2001, we then proceeded to slump the following years... sigh...

What else is there? Football 365 is reporting that Owen is coming to Liverpool! For bloody 10 million! geez. and where's the Central Defender and Right Winger we need so badly? Don't tell me Cisse's gonna play right wing ala Heskey? Deja vu all over again eh?

Complain to the referee here! => |