Eye on Sports

Thursday, July 21, 2005


Liverpool: The Beanpole and the Vertically-Challenged Right Winger

We got Peter Crouch! YAY!

Ok, I'm not THAT happy about it, since I seem to remember two years (or was it three?) when Aston Villa brought him into the Premiership and he was a hopeless striker who couldn't score to save his life.

Ok, so he scored a lot of goals last season. But still, I really do hope Benitez knows what he is doing. Though I DO agree that Baros should be leaving.

Well, at least Crouch is not a left-back. If he was, he would not have been able to see Shaun Wright-Philips run through his legs whenever we play Chelsea....

SWP... Now THERE'S a player I which Benitez could have bought. Or at least Wayne Routledge (before Spurs got him, of course). God knows we need a right winger, and Luis Figo ain't gonna last more than one season if we DO get him...

Complain to the referee here! => |