Eye on Sports

Wednesday, July 06, 2005


Liverpool: So, he's decided to stay. NOW what?

I posted the last post about an hour ago, and when I got back from tea, I looked into Soccernet and lo and behold, Gerrard's decided to stay after all.

Soccernet: Parry convinces Gerrard to reconsider

Does this change how I think of him?

Well, to tell the truth, I don't know. I actually DID want him to go, so we could get the money and get more players. But now that he's decided to stay, we don't have to face the problem of finding someone to partner Xabi Alonso.

Yes, I think Xabi Alonso is FAR MORE important to Liverpool right now. Gerrard may be the the heart of the team right now, but Xabi's the future of the club.

Stevie G, you alienated a segment of fans with your 'I WANNA GO' declaration, and this about turn is not gonna change the fact that some of us (yes, me included) think much less of you now.

So, the ball's in your half now. PROVE to us that money isn't everything. PROVE to us that you ARE loyal.

And one final thought on this issue:

GAAAAAH!!!! Now we'll have to endure ANOTHER season of speculating whether he'll leave or not!


Complain to the referee here! => |