Eye on Sports

Friday, June 10, 2005


Liverpool: The Off-season Transfer Merry-Go-Round (Edition #1)

It's the off-season, and since I'm really not very interested in the Confederations Cup (more on this another day) and World Cup qualifiers, I'm gonna have quite a lot of posts on the transfer market and mostly centering on the Liverpool ones. :)

Of course, a lot of players have been linked to Liverpool since we won the CL, and I'm guessing a lot is just bullshit. But oh well, that'sthe fun of off-season, right?

Anyway, here are some recent ones:

In:

Dietmar Hamann - YAY! Hamann is signing a new contract! Of all the players who were rumoured to be leaving, he was the one I wanted least to go. (Hamann agrees new Liverpool contract)

Vicente? - Drat, he doesn't want to come. Drat drat drat. (Vicente snubs Reds' moves)

Peter Crouch? - PETER CROUCH? I know we need a striker, but why Peter 'The Beanpole' Crouch? Sigh.... (Saints reject Crouch bid)

Alberto Luque? - Not too bad a buy, if it really goes through, methinks. Though I'd REALLY prefer the next name on this list... (Luque opens door to Anfield switch)

Raul!? - I really think it's wishful thinking that Raul would come to Anfield, but one can always dream right? After all, who'd have dreamt that our dream to win the Champion's League this year would come true.... haha. (Raul to join Rafa's Reds revolution?)


Out:

Milan Baros - His constant whining gets on my nerves so often that I wanted him to go the most. It wouldn't have been so bad if he'd actually been SCORING for Liverpool. (Houllier admits interest in Baros)

Igor Biscan - Damn, Benitez is releasing him. Damn, I'd hope he'd stay. I was fancying him as our replacement utility man who can play any where on the pitch (now that Carragher has cemented his position in central defence). (Reds let Biscan go for free)

Chris Kirkland? - He's a good stopper, and if he didn't get injured all the time, I think he would have been a great goalkeeper by now. But as it is... (Baggies eye Reds stopper)

Complain to the referee here! => |