Eye on Sports

Friday, June 03, 2005


Tennis: The Almost-forgotten French Open

With all the excitement about Liverpool's win last week, I'd forgotten that the French Open was going on!

Oh well, I was never a big fan of this particular Grand Slam anyway, because it's a much slower game on clay, and not like Wimbledon which tends to have very fast games. Though one of my favorite tennis matches ever was in the French Open, when Michael Chang beat Ivan Lendl for his first and only Grand Slam.

Also, I lost interest because Sharapova got knowcked out early. Sigh...

Oh well, at least Federer is still in the race for his first ever French Open title, though his Semi-Final match against teenage sensation Rafael Nadal should be pretty interesting. Hmmm. Maybe I WILL watch this match after all...

Complain to the referee here! => |