Eye on Sports

Wednesday, August 17, 2005


Liverpool: Do I really want Owen back?

The answer is, YES.

After all, which club (especially one whose strikers don't seem to be scoring...) wouldn't want a striker who scores an average of 20 goals a season here even when he is 'off-form', and nets so many goals in La Liga off the bench?

Ok, that may be the LOGICAL reason to bring him back, but what actually, the reason why I want him to come back is purely sentimental.

Yes, I once said that we really didn't need him to come back. But deep inside, I still acquaint Michael Owen to Liverpool, and I really hope that he WILL come back to the club one day.

Like Stevie G himself said, can you really imagine having Michael Owen lining up in the Premiership with ANOTHER CLUB, playing AGAINST Liverpool?

It's unimaginable. It'll be even worse if he goes to Man Utd.

Rafa, it's still your call. But if there is a chance, GET OWEN BACK.

Complain to the referee here! => |