Eye on Sports

Thursday, April 14, 2005


Champion's League: We're in the Semis!

As if I wouldn't blog about THIS result. :-) I mean, beating Juventus 2-1 on aggregate and drawing 0-0 in Turin? We're in the semi-finals, for god's sake! And where's Manure??? Complaining about the 'best teams' not getting in. HAH!

To tell the truth, I didn't watch the match, because I was expecting either 1) a really boring defensive match, or b) Liverpool to lose; and I didn't want to either one.

Anyway, I think the best teams bring out the best in Liverpool. How else can you explain beating Juventus but losing to bloody Man City?

By all accounts, Carragher was solid in defence as ever, with Hyypia, Finnan and (sigh) Traore.
And looks like Xabi Alonso has not missed a beat despite being out for so long. Gerrard? Didn't play, didn't miss him.

Bring on Chelsea!

Complain to the referee here! => |