Eye on Sports

Wednesday, February 02, 2005


EPL: What a night!

What a night at the EPL it was last night. Though I didn't watch any of the matches, the minute I opened Soccernet this morning and saw this headline: UNITED FLOOR GUNNERS, I knew it was all over for Arsenal.

Losing 2-4 to Man Utd at home is no joke, and once again, Arsenal prove that they can win a title, but can never retain it. Not that I'd want Man Utd to win either, mind you. I'm the kind that hates MU with a passion. I'm not an Arsenal fan, but I still prefer them to Man Utd anytime.

Anyway, it looks like it's gonna be Chelsea's title this season.

On happier news, Liverpool actually CAME FROM BEHIND to win 2-1 at Charlton, one of the teams chasing fourth spot as well.

Winning away has been a rarity this season (we've only won 4 out of 13), and to come from behind AGAIN (we came back from 2 goals down to beat Fulham 4-2 earlier, remember?) is something unheard of during the Houllier-era. Rafa is doing some good motivation work, me thinks.

And Morientes got his debut goal for the club! Here's to more goals from Fernando!

Complain to the referee here! => |