Eye on Sports

Monday, September 20, 2004


The Kick-off

This is my eye on sports. Any sport. Badminton, football, volleyball, cycling, F1, lawn bowls, petanque, you name it, I'll talk about it (ok, maybe not petanque. I don't even know how to play it. Ditto lawn bowls, is that even a sport?)

But before that, time to establish my credentials. I watch a lot of sports. Mostly football though, since I support Liverpool, Valencia and Fiorentina (I believe in supporting at least one club in each league. Won't bother with the Belgian or Norwegian leagues though).

I was probably one of the very few people in my office who followed the 2004 Olympics religiously.

I used to run the 400m hurdles when I was in school. I also play a lot of badminton, occasionally futsal, and USED to play basketball, table-tennis (more fondly known as ping-pong), snooker and even chess (don't ask).

Besides the sports I DO know, there are also sports I have no clue whatsoever about. Such as cricket. Golf. Lawn Bowls (is it REALLY a sport???). And that most misappropriately named sport of all - American Football.

So does that make me an adequete sports pundit or what? No? Well, you'll just have to put up with my endless ramblings about Liverpool then. BUAHAHA!

Complain to the referee here! => |